I’ve been playing around with the glorious wall of shelves we put up months ago and am just now finally get somewhere with the styling of them. Sometimes you just have to live with it for a while. Now I’ve got a little list of things I’m on the look-out for to flesh them out. But I love this rock that I dragged home from Ardèche one year. It’s so sculptural! (My poor husband, every trip with me seems to involve dragging home some amazing rocks/sticks/pieces of bark/shells/flowers…)
A couple things that have been haunting my brain this week:
- I made these ravioli with this cheese. Herbs + lemon zest + wonton wrappers + fresh tomato sauce = wonderful.
- I don’t care at all that it is a trend, I love these and I need one! (But I probably need a big apartment first)
- The Frenchman came home one day after a trying work day and needed a “comforting film”. I knew just what to watch. Yup, that is a comfort film in our house. In fact, it is the comfort film.
- I just discovered these and they are just blowing my mind. They are so beautiful and the variations (scroll through for a few slides) are all so unique.
- I’m testing blockprint patterns for a linen curtain. Spread out or close together? (R. says “In between!”)
2 thoughts on “Shelves & Loving”
Intrigued by this ravioli recipe. Going to give it a go. That rock was a great find. Would love to see the wall of shelves you built.
Making ravioli this way is easy and endlessly adaptable! I mixed chopped herbs (chives, basil, mint), lemon zest, salt, pepper, and a bit of cream to loosen the mix into the ricotta. For the tomato sauce, sautéed some chopped shallot until soft, threw a splash of wine into the pan and let it reduce, then threw fresh chopped tomato in just to warm through. Must serve with lots of parm! 🙂 And I’ll definitely share the wall of shelves soon. Just a bit more tweaking to do.